hump, fractures, and the pain of osteoporosis can be prevented.
Every Woman's Guide
and Treating Osteoporosis
by Morris Notelovitz, MD, PhD
with Marsha Ware, MD and Diana Tonnessen
Osteoporosis is NOT a normal part of getting older. This
practical guide to stopping bone loss can help every woman
(and a lot of men too).
pages, illustrated, glossary, index
ISBN 0-937404-38-1, hardcover, $24.95
Understanding the Problem
2. Your Bones and How They Change
3. How Your Body Regulates Bone Mass
4. Assessing Your Risk
5. How to KNOW if You Are Losing Bone
6. How Nutrition Can Help Prevent Bone Loss
7. How Exercise Can Help Prevent Bone Loss
8. Drugs That Help Prevent Bone Loss and Increase Bone
9. Pros and Cons of Estrogen Therapy
10. If You Already Have Osteoporosis
11. Osteoporosis in Men
12. Planning a Healthy Future
13. Case Reports
NOTELOVITZ, MD, PhD,
is recognized nationally and internationally for his expertise
in menopause and osteoporosis. A former professor of obstetrics
and gynecology at the University of Florida School of Medicine,
he founded the first medical center devoted entirely to women's
WARE, MD is a specialist
in internal medicine.
TONNESSEN is a medical writer specializing in women's
vital information to all women...."
RAYMOND, EXEC. DIRECTOR, NATIONAL OSTEOPOROSIS FOUNDATION
... to further empower you with the tools necessary for
making important health care decisions...."
FOR OSTEOPOROSIS RESEARCH AND EDUCATION (FORE)
is an excellent ... comprehensive discussion that is
well balanced and well referenced. Every aspect about the
fragile bone disease is covered." |
CITIZEN INFORMATION CENTER, PUEBLO, CO